Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Speed bump!

So, I'm going to do a video series on that follows this game's progress from start to end. Yeah, I'll basically remake the entire game from start to finish again. Why? Well, because that's where I started with this process. I posted this: Cradle to Grave on the UE4 forums a while back. The thread had some good conversation started, but it got buried and eventually forgotten. I think some folks out there may benefit from a video series that follows the entire process.
BUT FIRST...I have a project at my real job that requires some research in UE4. It involves C++ (ewwwww!). Coding is the devil. Well, at least, to me...since I can't code any better than a slug.
The current goal is to get a Logitech G27  steering wheel working for a driving simulator we're working on (non-game...highway study stuff). So far, so good. Thanks to Kablammyman on the UE4 forums for some guidance and code: G27 thread on UE4 Forums
I'm used to starting a project for blueprints and this one is using a C++ template, so I'm still a little lost.
Anyway, the point is, the video series will have to wait until I get over this speed bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment